Friday, May 13, 2011

RE: American's Problem: Obesity

I commented on http://transthought-apts.blogspot.com/

It was very surprising to hear about how we (America) are the fattest country in the world. I agree with the argument that people who are over weight want to blame other people for their actions. And as blunt as that sounds it is very true. I was doing some research and found that that most people who have a lot of weight are the ones who are mostly out of money or at a loss in their finances. We spend a lot of money on fast food. Everyone does it, I guess u can say it is apart of Americas tradition. Last year America spent 134 billion dollars on fast food. On average that is about 11.6 billion dollars a week. And that calculates to around 1.6 billion a week. That is a lot of money being spent on food. Especially fast food in which is not healthy for you. Many Americans have the state of mind as “if I am going to spend more money on food that’s healthy for me, why not save money and spend less money and eat fat”. Fast food corporations have been and are only getting more and more successful throughout the course of time. I think it is time we stop eating fatty food, and start consuming foods that will benefit our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment